Work effectively across cultures and borders
The module Intercultural Awareness is for you if you want to build stronger relationships with people from other cultures. You will explore your own values and assumptions and learn how to adapt and respond to various multicultural perspectives. You will develop insights which will help you maximize your international relationships and work more effectively across borders.
This module is scheduled at the same time as Drama and Improvisation. They can therefore not be taken simultaneously.
What's Intercultural Awareness like?
Intercultural Awareness (5 ECTS credits)
Being able to recognize cultural differences, sensitivities and similarities is vital, whether you are working in a multicultural environment at home or away. This part-time module at bachelor's level gives you practical insights to flourish in any culturally diverse setting. You will study cultural theories to deal with cultural differences and other cultural aspects together with students from other backgrounds than yours.
- Learn to observe differences in behaviour and attitudes originating from differences in cultures and act upon them.
- Investigate your assumptions about the core of your culture and those of others.
- Use your curiosity to actively search for explanations and understanding in theoretical concepts and scientific research.
- Show inquisitiveness in interacting with students originating from other cultures, and within your country or society of origin.
- Reflect on your assumptions about cultures and take into account that culture is fluid and that an individual or a collective will not always fully be or act according to the culture they are considered to be part of.
- Show an open mind when working together.
- Develop and progress in intercultural competences.
- Prepare for living in a more or less globalized or “glocalized” world.
Doing International Business Studies?
Due to overlapping content, students enrolled in International Business Studies are excluded from choosing this module. The module "Intercultural Competence and Social Responsibility" is already in your curriculum as a mandatory course.
Want to know more about the module Intercultural Awareness? Check the course catalogue for more information about matters such as assessment and teaching methods.
- Intercultural Awareness (5 ECTS credits)
For questions about the content of this module:
email@example.com(opens in new tab)
For general questions about studying at Windesheim:
+31 88 46 99 777(opens in new tab)(opens in new tab)(opens in new tab)(opens in new tab)
firstname.lastname@example.org(opens in new tab)