Costs, study loans and options for grants: they depend on the choice of your studies and your income.


Tuition fees

If you study a Bachelor's Programme with us, you have to pay tuition fees. The size of the fees depends on your nationality. Windesheim does not charge fees to international students from our partner universities on exchange programmes.


Windesheim doesn’t provide scholarships. However, there are other options for scholarships, depending on your country and study programme.

Working while studying

Having a job alongside your study can help you to pay your study. We do not recommend to start a job immediately after you arrived in the Netherlands: take at least half a year to a year to get used to the country, your study and to make friends. Once you are settled, it is also easier to find a job.

If you are from an EU or EEA country (other than Croatia) or a Swiss national, you can work as much as you like while studying, without needing a permit. If you are from another country, you can either do seasonal work or get a small part-time job, provided you get a work permit. Your employer has to apply for the work permit, and please be aware that not all employers are willing to do this, so finding a job as a non-EU student is not always easy! If you work, you must get local medical insurance. For details, also about working during an internship, check Study in Holland.

Read Precious´ story about working alongside her study.

Student discounts

Many bars, restaurants, museums and cinemas give student discounts. Most ask for proof in the form of a student card. You should check in advance whether a student discount is available.
With an International Student Identity Card (ISIC), you can get some attractive discounts and offers on travel, shopping, museums and more, especially if you're an international student. 

Erasmus Charter for Higher Education

Windesheim has been awarded the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE), which means you can take part in the Erasmus+ programme.

Student loan and grant

The Dutch government has set up a funding system to pay for study costs, tuition fees, health insurance and costs of living. It is meant for students under the age of 30, registered in full-time education in the Netherlands. You have to have either the Dutch nationality or a nationality or residence permit that provides the same rights as Dutch nationals, and you work at least 56 hours per month. Through this system, you can also get a grant of maximum a few hundred euro’s per month, and a card for free public transport. Read more on the Study in Holland website and the website of DUO (of the Ministry of Education).

Exchange students Hyeri and Osman tell about their expenses for living and accomodation