Margie Topp, professor
Margie Topp joined Windesheim University of Applied Sciences as a professor in Polymer Engineering in 2013 and is an expert in the field of polymers and composites. From 2000 till 2012 she worked at DSM Composite Resins, where she developed her passion for composites and applied industrial research.
Follow on LinkedIn(opens in new tab) Contact the Professorship(opens in new tab)
In addition to her research specialization in the field of composites and polymer technology, Margie is also involved in three main areas: Research, Education and Entrepreneurship.
- Initiating and developing research and innovation projects.
- Supervising research, monitoring quality and taking care of dissemination of research results.
- Responsible for the content of the minor programme Polymer Production Engineer, the minor programme Composites and the master Polymer Engineering.
- Contributions to the curricula of the study programmes within Engineering & Design and contributing to the connection between education, practice and research.
- Until 2021 the Professorship for Polymer Engineering was the owner of the plastics startup incubator GreenPAC iLab, currently known as Zwinc. Since then, ownership has been transferred to Windesheim Centraal, but the Professorship continues to champion the plastics startups.
- As a result of the large industry network of the group, new business development opportunities are created based on its output. These always come from the perspective of research and development on polymer engineering. Although the Professorship of Polymer Engineering does not have a commercial business goal, it is important for funded research programmes that partnerships are initiated that serve new business development for the industry. The Professorship for Polymer Engineering is therefore proactively involved in these initiatives and partnerships.