International Carousel Week
Want to go international?
Work together on an assignment with students from Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Lithuania, Slovakia and the Netherlands during International Carousel Week! By working in small groups, you will truly experience the intercultural aspect of collaboration. You will learn by doing, experiencing where there are differences and similarities in European cultures. The topic you will work on differs per university, so you decide where you want to go. The week consists of an online (11 and 14 March 2024) and a physical part at the university of your choice (18 - 22 March 2024).
Online: Monday 11 and Thursday 14 March 2024 (15.30 - 17.30 CET)
On location: Monday 18 to Friday 22 March 2024
At the location of your choice. See below which programme is offered by which university.
You are able to register from 1 November till 30 November 2023.
Programme per university
Here are the themes and programmes provided by the universities from Monday 18 to Friday 22 March. Which topics interest you?
Business process management - Jade UAS, Germany
Would you like to get a taste of international cooperation, making new friends? Are you interested in adding international experience to your resume? And how about expanding and integrating your knowledge about business process management in the age of digitalization? The International Carousel Week at Jade University of Applied Sciences in Wilhelmshaven, Germany, is the perfect opportunity to do all this.
What to expect
- Working in small teams with fellow students from other countries and faculties to take up challenges of Business Process Management.
- Lectures explaining the standard solving methods.
- Learn about Business Process Design and modelling reasonable process chains to support enterprise effectiveness and efficiency, using Process Mining Tools and methods from (world) leading software companies.
- Each team gets a different task with individual conditions.
- There will be continuous support by professors and assistants.
- In a presentation session on Friday, we will discuss and explain the results of each team.
You will work on achieving optimal results in designing a Business Process analysis & Optimization.
Jade UAS, Wilhelmshaven, Germany
- At its foundation in 2009, the new university needed a vibrant name. The perfect name wasn't difficult to find, because the river Jade links the three campuses of Wilhelmshaven, Oldenburg and Elsfleth.
- Once a year in November, some 30 professors from Jade University of Applied Sciences(opens in new tab) and Oldenburg University take over the turntables in popular Oldenburg clubs. The Night of the Profs is great fun and draws more than 2.000 students who get to know their profs from a completely different angle.
- Jade University of Applied Sciences is a young university, yet it draws on a long educational tradition. Why? Because our university was founded in 2009 by merging two technical colleges. So you'll find the very latest teaching concepts here, as well as experience and solid expertise stretching back to educational institutions from 1832.
Prof. Dr. Hardy Oepping
firstname.lastname@example.org(opens in new tab)
Circular business - Windesheim UAS, The Netherlands
Are you an international student who wants to learn more about circular business? Do you want to work in a team to create a circular business concept for a physical product? Then join the International Carousel Week in Zwolle, The Netherlands! The International Carousel Week is a week-long event where you will get to explore the principles and practices of circular business. You will work with students from different disciplines and backgrounds to design and prototype a product that minimizes waste and maximizes value. You will also develop a business concept that shows how your product can be profitable and sustainable in the market.
The International Carousel Week is a great opportunity to network with other students, teachers and experts in the field of circular business. You will also get to experience the culture and hospitality of Zwolle, a charming city in the northeast of The Netherlands.
Don't miss this chance to boost your skills, knowledge and creativity in circular business. Apply now and join the International Carousel Week in Zwolle!
Logistics as a Service – FLEET
We started developing FLEET 2,5 years ago. These are self-driving vehicles, or robots, that transport baggage through airports. We make agreements with each customer about the performance to be delivered, for example the processing of 4,000 bags per hour. We remove all complexity from the customer by taking care of the design, installation, financing, maintenance, product and software upgrades and optionally the operation.
Make an impact by preventing assets that are not used optimally
Conventionally, an airport sets up baggage logistics for 15 years, with the expectation that the peak will be at the end of these years. This means that you have 14 years of unnecessary overcapacity. Also think of exceptional events, such as the Olympic Games. Today's airports have to set up an incredibly large system for those few months. But thanks to FLEET's flexible solution, we can deploy the robots where capacity is needed and then take them back and deploy them elsewhere. The vehicles have a modular design in which innovation-sensitive components, such as sensors and batteries, can be easily replaced.
What to expect
Work on an assignment about circular design, a very contemporary and fast-moving topic.
- Guest lectures and site visits.
- Lots of opportunities for informal interaction with your fellow students.
- Social activities consisting of, for example, lunches and dinners.
- You will present your results on Friday.
Windesheim UAS, Zwolle, The Netherlands
- Windesheim is one of the Netherlands' top-3 universities of applied sciences, known for its personal approach, small classes (15 to 20 students) and for working closely with the business community and public institutes.
- Based in the city of Zwolle, a student town with a great food scene, thriving nightlife, many quiet parks, streets full of independent shops and a city centre steeped in history. It is no wonder Zwolle is such a popular place to visit and to call home!
- Meet the open-mindedness of the Dutch in our highly diverse society.
- Our education is accredited by the NVAO, the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders. The NVAO is a quality assurance agency that assures the quality of higher education in the Netherlands and Flanders.
Mr Frank Evers, programme content
email@example.com(opens in new tab)
Laura Geux, administration
firstname.lastname@example.org(opens in new tab)
Development of electromobility - University of Economics in Bratislava, Slovakia
Want to know how to implement the European Green Deal in the field of electromobility? The main goal of your week will be to analyse and understand the legal framework in the field of electromobility, to specify measures and tools for their implementation in EU-countries and to propose communication campaign for development of electromobility.
What to expect
- Lectures and interactive workshops with experts in the field of electromobility and marketing communication.
- We will try to arrange field trips to automotive companies.
- Social activities and networking.
- Identifying and analyzing measures for development of electromobility.
- Suggesting and implementing solutions in accordance with the Green Deal.
- Using modern methods and tools of marketing communication.
Monday: opening session, campus tour, Bratislava sightseeing
Tuesday to Thursday: teamwork, lectures, workshops, social activities, presentation
Friday: final results presentation
University of Economics in Bratislava
- The University of Economics in Bratislava(opens in new tab) currently represents the biggest university in Slovakia which provides complex and integral education in business study programmes at all levels.
- It is also the oldest university in the field of economics and the only one accredited by AACSB in Slovakia.
- Since 1940, over 100,000 students have been prepared for their successful careers in economics and management.
- Study in a lively student town with perfect international connection. As a capital of Slovakia, Bratislava is an ideal place to put your knowledge into practice. All in all, it is not only about studying. Have fun in a welcoming, cosy little town. You will never get lost here!
Paulína Krnáčová, Carousel Week Coordinator at the EUBA
email@example.com(opens in new tab)
Industrial project - Nancy-Brabois UAS, University of Lorraine, France
Get ready to improve a production process! You will have to set up the most efficient production unit with the associated services. You will also participate in social student activities, and a factory visit offers the opportunity to discover how the company succeeds in innovation. The project is designed specifically for Industrial Management students.
Monday: welcome and opening, ice-breaking games, lunch, partners presentation, discovery game.
Tuesday: factory visit, lunch, social activity.
Wednesday: project team work, lunch, project team work, social activity.
Thursday: project team work, lunch, project team work.
Friday: final presentation, lunch, end of the carousel week.
IUT Nancy-Brabois, University of Lorraine, France
- More than 1.800 students are currently enrolled at Nancy-Brabois University of Applied Sciences(opens in new tab), of which 5% are international students!
- It is situated 1,5 hours from Paris by high-speed train and is close to Luxembourg, Belgium and Germany.
- Nancy-Brabois UAS was created more than 50 years ago and is part of the University of Lorraine which receives around 60.000 students.
- The site has a privileged setting, green and forest near the Botanical Garden and Montet's Castle.
- It has a strong territorial integration and special relationship with local companies.
Industry 4.0 - Joanneum UAS, Austria
Big Data, cloud solutions, mobile computing and the Internet of Things (IoT), together with rapid advances in automation and the concept of lean production, are the foundations of the fourth industrial (r)evolution. Tomorrow's production facilities are effectively communication factories in which cyber-physical systems (CPS), augmented reality, embedded systems, digital retrofitting, actuators, mobile end devices and production equipment are all interconnected, exchanging data both on and off the factory floor.
Join us to explore the challenges in the Optimization of the Value Chain in a multidisciplinary way, within the context of Industry 4.0. Learn and discuss how digitalization is influencing the Value Chain and where there are job opportunities FOR YOU in this radical new labour market.
What to expect
- Work in small virtual groups in a friendly atmosphere.
- Participate in workshops, assist some lectures, work on case studies and listen to field experts.
- Enjoy a social program.
Joanneum UAS, Kapfenberg, Austria
- Located between Graz and Vienna, Kapfenberg is home to many innovative high-tech companies which act as global players in a worldwide business network.
- Kapfenberg not only offers the best in training facilities for world-class athletes but also provides first class educational opportunities for young talent in technology and business. State-of-the-art laboratories and excellent business contacts throughout the world give FH JOANNEUM(opens in new tab) graduates a head start in their careers.
- The university supports cultural diversity, an international outlook and an interdisciplinary approach – we believe diversity is enriching. They take responsibility for the common good and social development. They consider it their duty to use resources sustainably.
Ms Marta Jordan, International Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org(opens in new tab)
Logistics - VILNIUS TECH, Lithuania
Are you interested in new challenges, the opportunity to meet new people, to study current-global issues in the field of logistics? If so, we invite you to join us during International Week.
VGTU, Vilnius, Lithuania
- Established in 1956 VILNIUS TECH(opens in new tab) is one of the biggest research universities in the country with a focus on technologies and engineering and strong emphasis on university-business cooperation.
- Study programmes in the field of engineering sciences make 70% of all study programmes.
- VILNIUS TECH is among the top 2.1% of universities globally.
- VILNIUS TECH has several art clubs that help to sustain long and historic traditions. Recently, our clubs celebrated their 50th anniversaries.
Kristina Čižiūnienė, Associate Professor, Logistics and Transport Management Department
email@example.com(opens in new tab)
Sustainability in Engineering and Business - Savonia UAS, Finland
Engineers are trained to solve problems. With the increased awareness of the impact that current energy systems, business and economic activities have on our environment, engineers have a big challenge in the 21st century to transform modern society into a sustainable society. Sustainability in engineering and business is the integration of social, environmental, and economic considerations into engineering and business processes that take into account the complete product and process lifecycle and its supply chains and energy system design methods.
The SEB course aims at developing the sustainability mind-set of engineering and business students as emerging leaders in engineering organizations and sustainable businesses. To lead change in these organizations, the SEB course will encourage a move from the reductionist attitude to the adoption of a system approach to solving problems that incorporates sustainable development views.
- Developing the sustainability mindset of engineering and business students as emerging leaders in engineering organizations and sustainable businesses.
- By working in an intercultural group, you will strengthen your collaboration skills needed in today’s global business environment.
What to expect
- Project work regarding sustainability and 5G. Every team will present their learning outcomes on Friday, at the end of the intensive study week.
- Lots of opportunities for interaction with your fellow students.
- The programme features several social activities in a relaxed atmosphere. It is easy to make new friends!
Savonia UAS, Kuopio, Finland
- Savonia UAS(opens in new tab) is one of Finland's biggest and most versatile Universities of Applied Sciences. Our campuses are located in the cities of Kuopio, Iisalmi and Varkaus, in the lake district of East of Finland. Over 8000 students study at Savonia, among them over 400 international degree students.
- Internationality is one of Savonia’s priorities. It is a cross-cutting theme that extends to education, services and RDI activities. Savonia works for embedding international activities and expertise into the regional business and services.
- Savonia has active student exchange partners in 30 countries.
Ms Soile Takkunen, International Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org(opens in new tab)
Ms Tiina Salli, Senior Lecturer (for the course content)
email@example.com(opens in new tab)
- Business process management - Jade UAS, Germany
The International Carousel is an Erasmus+ Blended Intensive Program (BIP). The great thing about this, is that you receive a grant for travel and accommodation expenses of at least €350,-. If you opt for a sustainable mode of transportation (for example, travelling by train the entire journey), you will receive at least €50,- extra. Students with fewer opportunities are also entitled to a top-up of €100,- (conditions vary per university). Please consult your university International Carousel Week representative for more information.