Other costs

Besides tuition fees, you will have other expenses as well, such as rent, the cost of books, living expenses and visa charges.

Working while studying

If you are from an EU or EEA country (other than Croatia) or a Swiss national, you can work as much as you like while studying, without needing a permit. If you are from another country, you can either do seasonal work or get a small part-time job, provided you get a permit. If you work, you must get local medical insurance; for details, also about taking an internship, use the links below. Find out more on taking an internship and working while studying on the Study in Holland website.

Student discounts

Many bars, restaurants, museums and cinemas give student discounts. Most ask for proof in the form of a student card. You should check in advance whether a student discount is available.
With an International Student Identity Card (ISIC), you can get some attractive discounts and offers on travel, shopping, museums and more, especially if you're an international student.